Thursday, October 10, 2013

Inch E.P. Carrillo Review

Inch (Natural)
E.P. Carrillo
(5.9 X 60)
Price $ 8.75

By: Ryan Bloomer

They say when you give someone an INCH they take a mile.  The question of today is if given an INCH is it worth smoking it on the journey to reach a mile?  Which leads me to today's cigar review of the Inch by E.P. Carrillo.  The wrapper and appearance of this cigar is just phenomenal.  The band has an gold and mustard yellow old fashion ruler appearance that just grabs your attention.  The appearance of the cigar is veiny and well rolled for an Ecuador Sumatra wrapper.  If just going off the appearance I would give it a 9 out of 10.  Time to toast this Inch and hope that it takes me the full mile.  The first quarter of the cigar had strong earthy taste to it with some light hints of spice.  The halfway point I could pick out an aroma of coffee bean and a continuance of spices.  I did have to correct the burn twice which for some reason seemed to burn faster on one side of the cigar.  The draw of the cigar is very clean and smooth and tends to burn fast.  The last quarter of the cigar I had to continue to correct the burn but the flavor was great.  I had strong hints of coffee bean with a cocoa creamy taste on my palate.  If the start of the cigar was like the end this cigar would just be a great smoke to have in your humidor.  The constant burn corrections and shaky start of the first quarter of the cigar I would rate this cigar a 7 out of 10 on the 2 Cigar Guys And a Humidor Scale.  I would definitely try this cigar again but I wouldn't go out of my way to stock it in my humidor by any means.

Don't Forget to check us out at www.facebook.com/2cigarguysandahumidor

No comments:

Post a Comment