Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hechicera By Sotolongo Cigars

Cigar: Hechicera


Size: 4.5 x 50 (Robusto)


Wrapper: Nicaraguan


Binder: Nicaraguan


Filler: Nicaraguan


Price: $6.50-$7.00


By: Ryan Bloomer







Would you want to be held captive by a cigar sorceress that uses charm and beauty to captivate and enchant your affection?  I think I would say yes to that especially when you throw in the cigar part with it.  Hechicera was the name of a sorceress that happened to posses such a power.  Hechicera is also the first line from Grace Sotolongo of Sotolongo Cigars.  Sotolongo is looking to use her charm and beauty to captivate your affection in the form of a warming cigar.  Today we are going to Review the Hechicera and see if it posses the power to captivate you.



The Band:
The artwork on the band of the Hechicera was done by Nimoska Perez Castellon who is a friend of Grace's.  I really like the band of this cigar its vary artistic and when you look at it you get the feeling your standing inside of an art gallery.  The Nicaraguan wrapper is light brown in color and seemed to be a little oily to touch.  The cigar seems smooth with small to medium size veins.  The band and the wrapper overall brings a warming experience to the cigar.



The Beginning:
Lets toast this cigar sorceress up and get smoking.  The first few draws were very mild with notes of cedar and peanuts on my palate.  As I continue on through the first third of the cigar I continue to pick up notes of cedar along with a slight touch of cinnamon.  The burn is very loose and seems to be burning rather quickly as I start to get to the middle of the cigar.  The smoke output is average and the construction is holding up very well.



The Middle:
The cigar seems very loose and is burning way to fast.  The great notes of cedar and cinnamon that were apparent in the first third of the cigar have completely disappeared.  The only thing that I can taste on my palate at this point is burnt wood.  I kind of started to feel like I was not in the art gallery setting that the band of the cigar had taken me to earlier.  I would say that the burnt wood taste made me feel like I was sitting around a camp fire with the sorceress of fire.




The End:
The cigar continues to be loose and burn very fast. I keep wondering when the notes of cedar and cinnamon are going to return.  I never was able to get those notes on my palate back but I did pick up a slight touch of mild spice and pepper as I near the end.  The construction of the cigar has burnt very evenly with no touch ups needed all the way to the end.  The Hechicera has been quit an experience to say the least.  The beginning of the cigar started out very good with a great mix of cedar and cinnamon which was very relaxing and captivating.  Then I hit the middle of the cigar which took me on a burning camp fire experience.  I then reached the final third of the Hechicera which again seemed to slowly bring me back with a blast of  mild spice and pepper to finish it off.  I would rate this cigar a 6.8 out of 10 on the 2 Cigar Guys and a Humidor Scale.














1 comment:

  1. ACID Cigars are widely known for making premium infused cigars that has created a cult following over the past decade. All Acid Cigars are handcrafted at the Drew Estate factory in Esteli, Nicaragua with the finest select tobacco and then infused with rich botanical oils, and spices. This combination provides a one-of-a-kind smoking experience like no other. Acid Cigars are widely recognized as an industry leader in the premium infused cigar market, and are the standard others strive to achieve.

    ReplyDelete